MANAGER EPC COST
Plaquemines Parish, LA, US
Zachry is currently seeking a EPC Cost Manager for our Venture Global Plaquemines LNG jobsite in Plaquemines Parish, LA.
The EPC Cost Manager position is intended to be positively influential in the project decision making process with a focus on budget management. The successful incumbent will exhibit a mastery level understanding of the data utilized in weekly and monthly project cost reporting and is expected to coordinate/work closely with cross-functional departments as required to fulfill responsibilities needed for various Zachry Group construction operations.This employee will manage a team responsible for gathering, organizing and processing data across the all departments of a project, for better decision support and knowledge discovery. S/He will support decision making by statistical modeling and business simulation of the realistic problems. S/He is also expected to develop or participate in new methods to improve Zachry’s ability in solving new issues. Finally, S/He should be able to document the methods and findings, and be able to communicate and educate.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the project team to provide accurate cost data consistent with company procedures
- Act as a leader to the sites cost team, ensuring that his/her team have all the information, tools, and the correct environment to perform their duties.
- To set expectations and delegate tasks, as appropriate, to the cost team.
- Deal with performance, team performance, skill gaps, and employee development of the cost team
- Act as a coach and mentor to team
- Lead by example and influence team members and other site members through trust, respect, expertise, professionalism, and influential communication
- Communicate with other department, Project management, Zachry corporate leadership, and client.
- Responsible for cost data integrity
- Primary interface with project leadership on budget management and responsible for interfacing with the corporate level Forecasting & Analysis group on project cost projections
- Effectively communicate both within the group and with members of other internal and external groups
- Adhere to cost control standards, deadlines, and procedures, as well as the terms and conditions that govern their projects/locations
- Budget management, accurate cost collection, and communications with project management leading to optimal decisions
- Supervising, coaching, mentoring, developing, and training direct reports
- Oversees the development and distribution of periodic cost reports adhering to established deadlines
- Ensures effective flow of information within the project team leading to accurate and consistent cost data collection
- Analysis and communication of cost information, including notification of budget deviations, and recommendations to project management leading to optimal decisions
- Actively supports the Change Management Process by maintaining functional knowledge of contractual requirements and ensures proper documentation and communication of project changes.
- Ensure transparency relative to project issues or any known items that may impact the accurate projection of the project cost to complete through timely and purposeful communication
- Perform others duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in industrial construction/services industry
- Must illustrate a knowledge in industrial project costs, budgets, and advance cost analysis
- 3-5 years experience leading teams
- Proven management experience to include training, leading and development of assigned employees
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with computer skills and industry cost software knowledge
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Must be willing to relocate to various project locations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting, or applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- Experience with large industrial projects, and understanding of project environments, requirements, and risks
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering, construction, and project management is desired
- Proven professional, influential and leadership skills
- Strong language skills (written and oral)
- Strong math skills
- Possess strong computer skills, especially in Excel and Word
- Expert technical knowledge of large industrial construction, schedule and cost
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a team working environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position will require mobility at construction sites and industrial facilities (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted at: 2022-07-01 13:27:05