Subcontract Administrator II
Plaquemines Parish, LA, US
Zachry is currently seeking a Subcontractor Administrator to support the Venture Global Plaquemines LNG project in Plaquemines Parish, LA.
Primary Position Objective:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the sourcing, coordination, direction and administration of subcontracts and services in support of construction projects. The Subcontracts Administrator works in a team environment and will be assigned subcontracts or services packages based on a medium or higher financial risk, schedule risk or complexity on the project. The Subcontract Administrator has an understanding of commercial agreements and safe construction execution. The Subcontract Administrator leads the development, communication, and management of contracting agreements for a project, facilitates execution, turnover to construction and document retention of assigned contracts and makes decisions on contractual rights and obligation, change orders, and tracks each assigned contract.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads the development, preparation, and award of subcontract/service bids of assigned subcontracts.
- Leads assigned subcontract/services project meetings to ensure schedule, priorities and expectations are being met.
- Monitors contractor’s progress and performance to ensure work is performed according to the agreement.
- Responsible for the administration of contracts assigned including change orders, back charges, submittals, meeting minutes, progress payments, etc.
- Oversees onboarding activities to project site for subcontractors.
- Regularly conducts daily site visits to observe and evaluate work and progress.
- Leads subcontract turnover and closeout.
The Subcontract Administrator reports to Subcontract Manager.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities (Include any training, licenses, and certifications):
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferred or formal OJT or Apprentice Program.
- Field related working experience in the construction industry working with Subcontractors and/or direct craft.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Subcontract Administration.
- Budget responsibilities of over $50M.
- Microsoft Office
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Subcontract Administration.
- Budget responsibilities of over $100M.
- Experience negotiating claims/disputes
- Primavera Software
- PMI Certification
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Must be able to maneuver around a construction site with rough terrain. Climbing might be required. Must be able to lift 10 lbs. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted at: 2022-06-30 11:45:22