PROJECT PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Freeport, TX, US
COMPANY NAME: Zachry Group
JOB TITLE: Project Procurement Manager
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX but will be traveling out to support various Gulf Coast Projects
Who are we?
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, and averages 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Is Zachry Group right for you?
We look for people who are interested in making a career at Zachry because we believe in the value of long tenured employees, whether in craft, supervisory, administrative or managerial roles.
We recruit for a combination of skills and character. We look for people who are performance-oriented and want to be part of something bigger. People who see work as more than just a job and want to work in an environment where they are known, respected and valued.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity with Zachry Group’s Procurement Management Team within the Procurement Department. We want to talk to Project Procurement Management professionals with proven experience leading procurement teams and procuring IT solutions, facilities supplies/services, equipment, tools, and parts etc. The whole enchilada!
The Project Procurement Manager I (PPM I) shall be responsible for project related procurement and sourcing while managing and ensuring the Procurement Department is supporting the goals of the project and following SOP’s, Project Procedures and the Prime Contract. The PPM I should have at a minimum 3-5 years of EPC experience that include responsibilities for procurement management of up to $100M and along with managing team of more than 5 individuals. The PPM I will possess a strong commercial/contractual proficiency along with experience in technical documents, document control, safety, quality, Oracle and project controls. The individual should possess requisite leadership skills to motivate others, expected to manage others in a team environment, coordinate efforts and require a minimum amount of direction from corporate management. This individual shall demonstrate effective communication skills and participate in the selection, training and development of direct team.
- Provide strong, effective and decisive project leadership overseeing the staffing, execution of procurement awards to ensure the work meets the contract and corporate processes and procedures while defining the scope, objectives, and critical sourcing events, reviewing and approving bid evaluations, supplier selections and conformed contracts, as well as, determining the need for formal contract kickoff meetings, and ensuring quality goals are met while completing the work in a timely manner. The PPM I is the single point of accountability on a project execution basis for all activities. The Procurement Manager is the single point of accountability on an Enterprise execution basis for all activities.
- Develop the procurement strategy and preliminary execution plan for critical procurements for a project during Deal Development.
- Responsible for shaping each sourcing event for a project while working with others such as Engineering, Construction, Operations and Estimating to develop the strategy and drafting a Critical Material List (CML) during Deal Development.
- Initiate and manage the process of obtaining pricing for CML items during Deal Development.
- Responsible for developing and completing the Project Execution Plan indicating the criticality level of each planned procurement requirement and determining procurement personnel assignments.
- Work with other internal groups in developing the Indirect Staffing Plan.
- Develop cash flow for items included in the CML while working with the lead estimator.
- Provide procurement lead times for supplier’s engineering, fabrication and deliveries in addition to standard or unique activities that are necessary to reach award. PPM I will work with Project Controls to develop the preliminary procurement schedule.
- Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring and advise less senior buyers on the procurement teams
- Develop and validate independent cost analyses or “benchmarking”, if required, to validate the reliability of individual proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: What required skills, qualifications and abilities do you need to bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum of 5 years of Procurement experience that include responsibilities for procurement management up to $100M+.
- Experience managing a team of more than 5 individuals.
- Possess a strong commercial/contractual proficiency along with experience in technical documents, document control, safety, quality, Microsoft Office programs and Oracle.
- The individual should possess requisite leadership skills to motivate others, work with others in a team environment, coordinate efforts and require a minimum amount of direction from project management/leadership.
- This individual shall demonstrate effective communication skills and participate in the selection, training and development of subordinate staff.
- The individual will need to be able to communicate to all levels in the organization including senior executives.
- Adherence to vaccination requirements, as may be established by the company from time to time or by a particular job site.
What is an added plus?
- 3-5+ years of Procurement experience
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent
What are the Physical Demands like?
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
What kind of Work Environment will there be?
Work will be in an industrial construction site/office environment operating and functioning at a fast pace located in the Gulf Coast Region. Out at projects, one may be exposed to extreme heat/cold when traveling to and from the office location. Working out of cubicles and/or offices in a mobile trailer or similar office structure. Office noise will be low to moderate and generally consist of colleague neighbors’ phone-calls, conversations and/or laughter. You can expect people to treat you with friendliness and respect.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Project Procurement Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Opportunity for Growth
Posted at: 2022-05-12 13:18:09