SABINE PASS, TX, US
COMPANY NAME: Zachry Group
JOB TITLE: Scheduler
DEPARTMENT: Project Controls
LOCATION: Golden Pass LNG - Sabine Pass, TX
The Scheduler position has extensive project experience, and possesses an understanding of project controls systems, particularly an expert understanding of precedence diagramming method scheduling techniques and schedule management. This person will work on very large EPCS or construct only projects that require very complex interactions between project partners, independent vendor participants, and unique joint venture applications. The resource will work closely with project leadership including the project management team , craft supervision teams, project controls planning manager, project engineering management, and project procurement personnel to provide detailed project-level planning that ensures time-efficient and cost-effective project execution. Further, the Project Scheduler should be incorporating the project teams understanding both of the project plan as well as critical aspects of CPM scheduling. The Project Scheduler will ensure that the integrated master schedule reflect correctly reflects all plans. Risk areas will be identified in engineering, procurement, construction, and start up and plans formulated to mitigate these risks. The execution of these plans will be monitored to make sure they are being performed as intended and have the expected results. This position also works closely with the startup personnel to facilitate and ensure project commissioning and startup efforts are supported and provide for on time project completion. This person should possess good communication skills and perform at a high level of engagement.
Primary Position Objective
Works closely with Construction Detail Planning group, Engineering, and Procurement to ensure documentation of work plans and alignment with baseline plans as well as interpretation and integration of all contract requirements. Additional responsibilities include tasks and leadership related to:
- Assuring all EPC and any partners requirements are integrated.
- Working closely with critical OEM’s or suppliers with critical equipment deliverables.
- Maintaining the scheduling system such that all participants in the work activity are integrated so that any impact can be identified.
- Performing independent analysis of the integrated deliverables and impacts to the remaining activities in the schedule with recommended actions should impacts exist.
- Performing independent analysis of Construction activities to identify any shortage of resource requirements and provide recommendations on actions that might improve the project’s performance.
- Working with scheduler(s) to incorporate work plans into project schedule and provide professional development for the scheduler.
- Monitoring work execution to ensure it follows the plan.
- Comparing existing plans with historical information to provide comparisons and reports on current status of execution as recorded in the schedule.
- Monitoring schedule performance metric numbers and takes corrective action.
- Over 4 years of experience with Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university. If no degree, varying industrial construction experience of 6 years.
- Oracle Primavera P6
- Primavera training, Primavera advanced training, proficiency in use of system.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Earned value measurement and management concepts.
- Have ability to collaboratively lead project planning and scheduling meetings with any variation of project team participants.
- Be able to perform a critical path analysis and report on the path(s).
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- PMI/AACEi Certification
- CMIS – Cost Management Information System
- Oracle Procurement
The project scheduler position reports to the Project Scheduling Manager while on a project assignment.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of sitting and working on a computer
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools
- Position may occasionally be required to spend time on the construction site and will need to have the ability to walk and climb various outdoor conditions
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25 lbs
- Will talk and hear to communicate
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted at: 2022-03-08 15:37:20