San Antonio, TX, US
COMPANY NAME: Zachry Group
JOB TITLE: EPC Project Manager
LOCATION: Nationwide with possibility of international opportunities
Zachry is seeking an industry EPC Project Manager for the Construction Group. The EPC Project Manager role resides within the Construction Group reporting to the Vice President, EPC Execution. Through effective leadership of all EPC activities, the EPC Project Manager manages the project direction, completion, and financial outcome. The EPC Project Manager is the primary point of contact for all customer, partner, and vendor relations during the engineering, procurement construction and start-up phases of a given project, and will oversee the work of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Start-Up Managers.
- Serves as the project leader responsible for the safe and quality delivery of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up activities of the project, including the development of an Execution Plan and project schedule, the implementation of the AWP process, resource management and coordination, cost management and forecasting.
- Responsible for EOC contract management and administration as well as Joint Venture management and administration, if applicable.
- Holds financial responsibility for the management and projections for Engineering, Procurement and Construction cost activities to include all Engineering activities/deliverables, all Procurement activities (material, equipment, and subcontractors), all Construction activities (cost performance) activities, and all Start-Up activities (material, equipment, subcontractors, deliverables and cost performance) activities.
- Delivers effective communication to all internal and external customers (Project Team, Owner, Partners, Vendors, etc.), including reporting regarding performance metrics and progress related to Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Start-up.
- Coordinates and leads Project review meetings with the owner and/or partner(s).
- Reports monthly, or as requested, to the Owner, EPC Project Management Committee (if applicable) and Projects Group Management.
- Plays a major role in the Project’s Business Development activities related to the customer, vendor and partner.
- Plays a major role in coordinating proposal development activities during EPC Project bidding phase including execution planning, scheduling, cost preparation, procurement planning, contract review and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited curriculum four-year college or university.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to make significant presentations and participate in negotiation discussions for large EPC Projects.
- Strong Time Management, Planning, Organizational, Decision Making and Problem-solving Skills
- Must have Management Experience in coordinating project staff assignments.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Minimum of five years’ industry experience in Project Management experience including five or more years managing Lump Sum or Reimbursable EPC Projects.
- Master’s degree and Professional Engineering Registration
Zachry Industrial, Inc. (ZII), based in San Antonio, TX, is a family-owned, privately held company dedicated to the planning, building, and renewing of emerging energy, power, cement, refining, and pulp and paper facilities. As an industrial engineering, construction and maintenance provider, we pride ourselves on a nearly 85-year history that has led to more than 6,000 completed projects in the United States and abroad.
As the largest direct-hire, merit shop contractor in the United States, we realize our most important asset is our people, which is why safety remains our highest priority and most important corporate value. Zachry Industrial, Inc. is a business based in trust, integrity, service, and commitment to our customers and employees. We know that it takes a collaborative, practical and visionary force of people to achieve the Zachry standard.
Posted at: 2022-02-04 17:07:17