ENGINEER I PIPING
DOWNERS GROVE, IL, US
PIPE ENGINEER I
Engineering Design Center
Downers Grove, IL
Zachry Group is currently accepting applications for Pipe Engineer I for our Downers Grove Design Center Office location. This is a great opportunity to get involved in some interesting and challenging design projects. This is a job posting to collect a pool of local applicants who are interested in upcoming opportunities with Zachry Group.
• Review and analyze piping systems and components for thermal flexibility, vibration, supports, and other factors.
• Ensure piping systems conform to applicable codes and client standards.
• Perform ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 formal stress analysis using Caesar II software.
• Conduct informal (visual) stress analysis for large and small bore piping systems.
• Work with piping designers to optimize pipe routing on piping design including specifying required pipe supports.
• Specify engineered support equipment such as expansion bellows, spring cans, constant tension hangars, snubbers, and engineered piping supports including detailed review of vendor equipment design documents.
• Prescribe and evaluate piping loads on process equipment nozzles including ASME pressure vessels as well as on engineered and standard support steel.
• Prepare formal stress evaluation reports.
• Perform field surveys to collect required field data and assist with interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications in the field.
• Attend client, vendor, and internal team meetings.
• Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
• Manage project schedules and budgets as well as provide weekly reports communicating project status, issues, and needs.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 0-3 year experience in Mechanical Engineering with understanding of stress analysis and system flexibility
• Strong attention to detail and capable to perform detailed technical evaluations and drawing checking
• Strong communication skills required to provide effective inter-discipline, client, vendor, and construction coordination on projects
• Highly motivated with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others
• Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments
• Commitment to safety, quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prepare design concepts, technical documents, and drawings.
• Must maintain active status in a drug and/or alcohol testing consortium
• EIT (Registered Engineer in Training)
• Field plant experience
• Experience in the petrochemical, oil/gas, chemical, and/or power industry
• Previous experience with stress analysis or stress analysis concepts
• Experience working with ASME Section I and VIII pressure vessel and B31.1 and B31.3 piping codes
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Employee will work in an office environment and possibly called upon to visit client plant facilities in the field. On client sites, there will be construction activities with noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Pipe Engineer I position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted at: 2021-10-06 02:25:59