INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS ENGINEERS
OMAHA, NE, US
ENGINEER I/II I&C
Engineering Design Center
Zachry Group is currently looking for talented and self-motivated I&C Engineers to join our Engineering Department in Omaha, Nebraska. This is a great opportunity to get involved on challenging and interesting design projects for various clients within the Power, Diversified, and Energy & Chemicals industries.
Responsible in the design office for routine engineering and design tasks of the instrumentation & controls area of assigned projects based on specific and detailed instructions received from the assigned supervisor as to the required tasks and results expected.
- Design, specify and recommend instrumentation and control systems for power plants and industrial facilities.
- Interface with customer, suppliers and construction throughout design and construction phase.
- Control system architecture development, specification, and I/O configuration.
- Process Instrumentation configuration and specification.
- Development of controls strategies and SAMA control logic
- Design of system wiring drawings and instrument installation details.
- Construction support, including field Engineering design, and installation compliance.
- Startup and commissioning support including Distributed Controls System software development and testing.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree.
- 0-5 years of Instrumentation & Controls Engineering experience in the industrial industry.
- Complex Problem Solving (STEM).
- Critical Thinking.
- Operation and Systems Analysis.
- Good Communication Skills (Verbal and Written).
- Judgment and Decision Making.
- Attention to Detail.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Willingness to travel to project sites for field support and design meetings.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or plan to take the exam.
- Passed or plan to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- PLC design or programming experience.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the I&C Engineer position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted at: 2021-08-17 16:36:58