San Antonio, TX, US
Crossing Café Cook
Corporate Headquarters - San Antonio, TX
Zachry Group is currently accepting applications for a Cook at our Corporate Headquarters located in San Antonio, TX. The successful incumbent will work the front line, engage with customers and staff, and provide information as requested about nutritional content, ingredients, preparation techniques etc.
- Responsible for the setup, product requisition, food production, service, and cleaning of their assigned foodservice station and all duties associated with those stations outlined in station SOP.
- Draft and review daily production sheets to plan your daily production based on the weekly and other specials to be served.
- Measure, mix, portion and prepare items using the proper ingredients and techniques detailed in the standardized recipes or by management.
- Comply with all health department Standards of Operation and procedures for food receiving, preparation, handling, and storage
- Perform “other” job-related duties as assigned by the Café Supervisor or management.
- Assure all foodservice cooking and production equipment is shut off at the end of the shift, and that all refrigeration equipment is running while maintaining a safe temperature.
- Clean and sanitize all foodservice equipment and production services on their assigned station at the end of the day.
- Wrap, label, date, and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
- Review upcoming menus to order and prepare for those service periods.
- Limit any down time, accomplish assigned tasks as quickly and efficiently as possible without compromising quality
- Use any excess time to assist fellow cooks or clean kitchen.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Help receiving all food orders, and transfer those items to their proper storage location.
- Assure all food is stored properly based on kitchen SOPs and health department standards.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional cook experience in a corporate dining facility, private restaurant, or hotel operation.
- Must have experience in and knowledge of methods and procedures relating to food preparation and presentation.
- Ability to understand and apply oral and written instructions.
- Work efficiently while prioritizing safe work practices.
- ServSafe (or similar state recognized certification institution) Food Handlers Certification.
- 3-5 years of professional cook/chef experience ( in a kitchen, working all stations)
- Ability to thrive in a team-working environment
- Great interpersonal skills and Customer Service
- Culinary Degree
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry, and move objects up to 50 lbs. safely. Must be able to continuously stand, walk, stoop, reach, push, pull, and bend for long periods of time.
• Always work indoors.
• Often wear uniforms such as aprons or jackets.
• Are often exposed to hazardous situations and conditions that produce cuts or minor burns.
• Are often exposed to hot and cold temperatures, such as when working near ovens or retrieving food from freezers.
• Sometimes wear protective and safety attire, such as gloves.
• Work physically near others.
• May work near contaminants and hazardous equipment.
• Sometimes work in a noisy and distracting environment.
Will work in a general kitchen environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Cook position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties that may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted at: 2021-01-15 22:32:54