The JVIC Turnaround Planner facilitates the turnaround planning effort with all participants in a timely work scope definition and the development of effective turnaround plans. This person plays a lead role during the strategic planning, and execution phases to ensure that the final work scope is translated into a budget control plan, detailed schedule, and in establishing manpower performance baseline.
- Coordinate the development of the turnaround work scope received from all departments such as operations, inspection, projects, and maintenance.
- Ensure work scope justification and compliance with the turnaround work scope criteria.
- Field review scope of work and develop job steps and requirements for craft and man hours for each submitted work request.
- Assist in the development of the material list, specifying quantity, size, and material codes for all material required for the approved scope.
- Coordinate with the Material Coordinator in the timely purchase and delivery of materials as per the turnaround schedule.
- Obtain technical input from engineering where required.
- Work with the field supervisor in the development of mobile lifting equipment and other specialized tooling required for the approved work scope.
- Review scope with the appropriate supervisors to understand safety, health, and environmental considerations.
- Input all scope of work, including capital work to be done during the turnaround, into the planning system.
- Plan and prepare turnaround work packages, which include the job steps, drawing and sketches, material, equipment, and tool requirements, testing procedures and manpower requirements.
- Provide orientation and training of the turnaround planning and control system to the field personnel.
- Prepare subcontractor work packages for the bid proces and/or work execution.
- Inform the HSE Supervisors of work involving asbestos insulation, lead-based paint, sandblasting, benzene, etc.
- Work with operations personnel to incorporate detailed plans for the unit shutdown, turnaround and startup in the overall turnaround schedules.
- Identify outside services or equipment required and assists in the procurement of services or equipment if needed.
- Distribute daily turnaround schedules to all shifts.
- Ensure that all critical path work is being performed on or ahead of schedule.
- Work with field coordinators and supervisors to update the schedule progress.
- Ensure that all scope growth and added work requests are incorporated into the plan and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Maintain added work request log and help estimate cost for each job.
- Plan the added work requests during the turnaround.
- Verify the justification and approval signatures on all additional work requests before entering the added scope into the plan.
Post Turnaround Phase
- Monitor after unit start up, the completion of post turnaround activities to ensure their cost-effective completion.
- Participate in turnaround review meeting and provide input about all planning concerns and recommendations for future turnarounds.
- Archive job plans after the turnaround is complete and update turnaround equipment history files.