LaPorte 77571, TX - US
Share This Job On
TRAINING SPECIALIST Job in LaPorte 77571
- Manage and maintain apprenticeship program in compliance with California Senate Bill 54
- Establish or clarify process and standards for initial “grandfathering” of current employees as Journeyman
- Establish or clarify process and standard for employees to “test out” as Journeyman
- Establish internal Apprenticeship enrollment process; including alignment with current HRIS systems, hiring/dispatching processes and migratory workforce coming to California
- Establish paperwork and administrative flow of Apprentice applications to Internal Board, HR and DOL
- Establish processes and systems for compliance with DOL filings and reporting
- Verify systems in place for training, OJT booklets, etc.
- Facilitate corporate decision on strategy regarding SB54 compliance and operation of Apprenticeship program
- Manage/Update Apprenticeship Operations Manual
- Track apprentices through the program to keep up with their hours and ideally performance
- Communicate with Operations, Training and ED to provide program status and updates.
- Plan for and co-facilitate quarterly AP committee meetings and maintain meeting minutes.
- Facilitate HHFT at HEDC located in Deer Park TX or Carson CA. office
- Employee will be required to communicate in person., via telephone, email, video chat and software systems.
- Employee will work in multiple environments mainly a general office environment
- Willingness to travel to CA will be required approximately 40%
- Experience with an accredited Apprenticeship Program is preffered
- Associates Degree preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office experience
- Access Data Base experience