GOLDSBORO, NC 27530 - US
Zachry Industrial, Inc. is currently seeking Industrial Surveyor position for new construction work at our Duke HF Lee Beneficial Ash Project in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
The employee will perform job duties and responsibilities safely, efficiently and accurately. Industrial surveyors will verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted on survey sites during the different phases of construction.
• Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required
• Identify all tools required for tasks. Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks
• Manage workloads, supplies, equipment, and reporting. Search legal records, survey records and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed
Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain
• Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps records, and documents related to surveys
• Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using theodolites, transits, levels and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS)
• Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location elevation, and dimensions of lands or land features
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have experience working with Trimble Robotic Total Station (S6)
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated industrial history experience
• Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
• Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of
• materials required
• Identify all tools required for tasks
• Good reading comprehension
• Ability to work with others – team player
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
• Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
• Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes
• Must have reliable transportation
Must have experience working with Trimble Robotic Total Station (S6)
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Former Zachry employee
• Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold, occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. Possibly people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.