ZACHRY GROUP is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Maintenance Superintendent
Zachry Group is seeking a Superintendent to perform job duties and responsibilities safely, efficiently and accurately while assisting project management in coordinating and supervising work activities for all disciplines at an industrial maintenance project.
- Monitors all work activities and instructs foremen regarding desired labor methods and required equipment and material necessary to complete project tasks
- Assists project management in controlling project costs and maintaining overall profitability for the project
- Examines project schedule (s) and coordinates labor, materials and equipment required for various project tasks through supervision
- Assures all production work is within project specifications and continually monitors work progress and quality of work
- Assists project management in estimating and/or scheduling manpower requirements necessary to perform specific tasks
- Conducts regular meetings with craft and production supervision coordinating future job activities to assure continued productivity
- Inspects project work activities and serves to advise general foremen and foremen of possible hazards and assists all supervision in maintaining a safe work environment
- Coordinates with engineers, client/owner, inspectors, etc… to isolate project design and/or specification problems and assists in developing solutions to these problems
- Maintains project progress and cost data to assist in analyzing work efficiency
- Regularly attends project safety meetings and serves to advise craft and production supervision and employees of specific work areas and conditions that require safety attention stressing compliance with Company and regulatory safety procedures
- High school degree
- 3 years of relevant working experience as a Superintendent on industrial projects
- Knowledge of MS Office, primarily Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates leadership and ability to work well with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and willingness to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to perform duties outside of scope of work when necessary
- Must have A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE and have reliable transportation
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes
- TWIC Card Required
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee
- Experience in an industrial maintenance environment , oil and gas or chemical industry
- Mechanical background and soft craft experience on industrial projects
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. Position assignment will be based on construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building in an operating plant. On plant sites noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms. Weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold and occasional rain. May be required to work in close, confined spaces or in different elevations for a long period of time. Noise levels will be moderate to high.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Superintendent position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.