Zachry is currently seeking an experienced Sr. QC Inspector for new construction work to support and coordinate Coating, Insulation, and Cryogenic Insulation inspections between the Quality Control and Subcontracts departments at the FLNG project in Freeport TX.
Under the coordination of the Quality Control Manager (when present), the incumbent will ensure the correct application of the Project Quality Plan in site activities, the supervision/coordination of the quality control activities between different departments, and the implementation of the Quality Control Plans.
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities with Project Coating and Insulation field inspectors.
- Perform routine surveillance of all Coating/ Insulation activities, particularly acoustic and cryogenic Maintain insulation and coating standard with oversight through Project Coating and Insulation field inspectors.
- Complete inspections of coatings and insulation works in progress to ensure compliance with project specified requirements.
- Ensure effective implementation of ITPs by the Contractor, JV/ JVIC Coating, Insulation field inspectors and Client attendance at Witness and Hold points.
- Execute regular review of Quality records (Specification & Procedures).
- Promote safety awareness and safe performance at site.
- Interact with and represent the Client when interacting with Contractors.
- Minimum 8 years hands on experience as Insulation and Coating Inspector on major construction projects with a focus on cryogenic insulation.
- Oil and Gas Experience in cryogenic insulation.
- Good understanding of QA/QC requirements for final documentation on oil & gas related construction projects.
- Proactive approach to resolving quality issues.
- Basic computing skills and working knowledge of MS Office Word/Excel.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience working on LNG projects.
- Internationally recognized coating inspection qualifications, NACE, SSPC
- 8+ years of experience in QC Coatings/Insulation
- Supervision experience
- Formal Education
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and work off platforms.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: Hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, mask/respirators, safety vests, gloves, and leather steel toe boots.
- Will work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, and/or wind).
- Will work at different elevations.
- Noise levels will be moderate to high.
- Jobsite will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles –small to large equipment, materials, communicate equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.