DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60515 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Rotating Equipment)
DEPARTMENT: Mechanical Department
LOCATION: Downers Grove, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join our talented Mechanical Department in Downers Grove, Illinois. This is a great opportunity to get involved with exciting and challenging projects with long lasting customers. This posting is an evergreen posting designed to build a pool of qualified, interested applicants who would like to connect with Ambitech for future opportunities. It does not reflect our current needs.
• Lead specification development, and technical bid and vendor document evaluation of Rotating Equipment for Industrial EPC Projects.
• Assist with proposal preparation by preparing man-hour estimates.
• Assist with preparing and managing mechanical project budgets and schedules.
• Attend client, vendor, and internal team meetings.
• Specify pumps, compressors, and other rotating process equipment.
• Review vendor documents for compliance to project specifications and industry standards.
• Prepare equipment data sheets, and full mechanical equipment and system specifications.
• Perform technical and economic evaluations, bid tabulations, and prepare recommendations.
• Attend vendor design and fabrication kickoff meetings.
• Ten plus years of rotating equipment experience for industrial applications.
• Experience leading small (2 to 3 engineers/designers) teams.
• Experience working with pumps, pump mechanical seal systems, and compressors.
• Experience working with ASME and API Standards for rotating equipment.
• Experience working on EPC Projects.
• Strong attention to detail and capable to perform detailed technical document and drawing checking. Position requires significant exposure to vendor document review, detailed assessment of vendor design accuracy and specification compliance.
• PE Preferred
• Strong attention to detail and capable to perform detailed technical document and drawing checking.
• Position requires significant exposure to vendor document review, detailed assessment of vendor design accuracy and specification compliance.
• Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal and Written)
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Sr. Mechanical Engireeing position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.