Sr. Financial Accounting Manager
Corporate Office – Accounting & Administration
San Antonio, TX
Zachry Group is currently seeking a Sr. Financial Accounting Manager to be responsible for leading the way in establishing and maintaining complete accurate files, records, and books pertaining to the financial operations of the Joint Venture. Along with developing and maintaining an Accounting and Administration Policies and Procedures Manual based upon the terms and conditions of the EPC Contract and Joint Venture Agreement.
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate files, records, and books pertaining to the financial operations of the Joint Venture
- Manage all financing, accounting, and treasury functions for the JV, including providing Partners with all information required to support their respective reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain an Accounting and Administration Policies and Procedures Manual based upon the terms and conditions of the EPC Contract and Joint Venture Agreement
- Work closely with the Tax Department to implement a sales tax strategy for the project and ensure tax compliance
- Work closely with the Treasury Department to establish bank/investment accounts as well as manage cash flow and cash flow projections for the life of the Project
- Overall custody of financial reporting for multi-billion dollar contracts
- Prepare monthly financial and cost reports for project and senior management
- Prepare and present quarterly unaudited financial statements to the Joint Venture Management Committee
- Prepare reports as required by the Joint Venture Management Committee
- Ensure that all Joint Venture Partners are adhering to the Accounting and Administration Policies Manual
- Ensure that the Project is complying at all times with the EPC Contract Terms and Conditions
- Oversee engagement with all internal/external audits
- Oversee currency risk mitigation
- Manage and develop a staff of accounting personnel
- Manage Owner billing process
- Develop and maintain relationships with Joint Venture Partners and jobsite
- Provide leadership and influence decisions/outcomes for the advancement of the Integrated Joint Venture Administration Team
- Interact with Partners’ financial leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Understanding of complex accounting areas such as translation of foreign currency and hedge accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Adobe Pro
- Able to travel as needed
- CPA License
- General knowledge of, or experience working in, the Industrial Construction industry
- SAP experience very desirable
- Public accounting experience
- Experience working in a Joint Venture environment with multiple partners
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Will work in a general office environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Sr. Financial Accounting Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.