CHARLOTTE, NC 28273 - N/A
SR. ENGINEERING DESIGNER
Engineering Design Center
Zachry Group is currently accepting applications for Sr. Engineering Designers for all discipline areas for future needs. This posting is NOT for an actual position, but is designed to build a pool of candidates who are interested in future opportunities.
We are looking to add experienced Engineering Sr. Designers in various disciplines (Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Piping, etc.) to join our talented Engineering Group. This is a great opportunity to get involved with challenging projects with interesting clients and work with work with and mentor entry level designers.
• Prepare conceptual design for difficult complex problems.
• Prepare complex design drawings.
• Interface with other design disciplines.
• Become proficient with 2D and 3D CAD capabilities, as required.
• Check Complex Drawings
• Work independently with little or no supervision.
• Perform squad check of vendor equipment drawings and drawing from other disciplines.
• Assist the Supervisor/Design Lead, as required.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to lower-classification designers.
• Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner.
• Evaluate Performance Appraisal input and administer counseling.
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
• Participate, in piping department training programs/seminars.
• Experience with Work Share techniques either domestic or international.
• May assist in the training and development of Piping Design Personnel.
• May schedule of Interactive planning.
• May complete man hour estimates.
• May assist with Change Notices.
• High School diploma is required.
• Associates / Technical Degree or relevant Certification
• Over 5 years of experience and knowledge in the design requirements for respective discipline as they apply to
petrochemical, pharmaceutical or power plant construction projects.
• Experience with Engineering Software such as: CADWorx, Navisworks, Microstation, AutoCAD, Revit, Plant3D, or similar Engineering Software
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or similar office products
• Overall understanding of technical disciplines and project execution.
• Research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, project and time management skills.
• Leadership and management experience
• Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
• Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments. Coordinate a variety of tasks with good attention to
detail. Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee may work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Engineering Sr. Designer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.