TULSA, OK 74114 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Piping Supervisor (Sr. Designer Piping)
DEPARTMENT: Piping Department
LOCATION: Tulsa, Oklahoma
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Piping Supervisor to join our talented Piping Department in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This is a great opportunity to get involved in some interesting and challenging design projects.
• Support the Department Manager (Discipline Supervising Engineer) with the execution of all design and drafting activities including managing the staff, providing vision and strategic leadership, monitoring schedules and budgets, evaluating productivity and quality and directing the complete technical operations of the project.
• Implement assignments and activities delegated from the Group Supervisor.
• Direct and manage the activities of the drafters, designers, engineers and support personnel in the planning, scheduling, quality and execution of projects.
• Manage the completion of all required deliverables including construct ion drawings, design studies and bills of materials.
• Schedule work assignments while providing guidance, training and assistance to designers, checkers and drafters on small to medium size projects.
• Under the direction of the Department Manager, or Assistant Manager, manage a segment of a large project.
• Coordinate with client and construction personnel to ensure the client's input and job requirements are adequately addressed and implemented consistently with the contractual requirements.
• Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction estimates, as well as, additional documentation related to a project.
• Assist in estimating project design and drafting manpower requirements.
• Responsible for the final approval of drawings to ensure conformity with applicable codes and specifications and established discipline standards as well as Client standards.
• Maintain engineering document indices and drafting progress reports on projects. Confirm checking and approval for all vendor shop drawings.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma is required with additional broad specialized training equivalent to 2 years of college.
• Approximately 15 years of experience and knowledge in the design requirements for respective discipline as they apply to petrochemical, pharmaceutical or power plant construction projects.
• 2016 CADWorx, Navisworks
• Overall understanding of technical disciplines and project execution.
• Strong supervision skills with the ability to mentor, lead, train and motivate employees to produce quality work. Strive to achieve successful results as a team.
• Research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, project and time management skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
• Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments. Coordinate a variety of tasks with good attention to detail. Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• Approximately 20 years of experience and knowledge in the design requirements for respective discipline as they apply to petrochemical, pharmaceutical or power plant construction projects.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Piping Supervisor. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.