CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78401 - N/A
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Structural Design Supervisor (Sr. Structural Designer)
DEPARTMENT: Civil/Structural Department
LOCATION: Corpus Christi, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Sr. Civil/Structural Designer to join our talented Civil/Structural Department in Corpus Christi, Texas. This is a great opportunity to get involved with exciting and challenging projects with long lasting customers.
• Perform as a senior professional and as a lead designer.
• Develop detailed design documents (structural steel & concrete) and specifications for major and complex structures, systems and equipment.
• Ability to provide solutions/options to complex design related issues.
• Ability to work independently on design projects as well as interface with other disciplines as needed.
• Initiate conceptual design requirements in coordination with appropriate supervisors and engineers.
• Must be available for field assignments.
• Participate in project planning and preparation of budgets and estimates.
• Work with clients to develop designs compatible with client requirements.
• Coordinate within their department and with the project group regarding their projects.
• Check and verify the discipline design on projects.
• Prepare design sketches for use by drafting personnel.
• Check vendor shop drawings and construction drawings.
• Consult others a highly qualified expert in a specific area of design and capable of making key technical decisions on a project.
• College degree or equivalent experience and knowledge of drafting and engineering technology
• 10-15 Years of petrochemical industry experience.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Cadworx 3D and Microsoft office
• Knowledge of ACI and AISC Codes
• Experience with large industrial projects, and understanding of project environments, requirements, and risks
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering/design & construction
• Ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
• Proven negotiation skills
• Strong language skills (written and oral)
• Strong math skills
• Possess strong computer skills, especially in Excel and Word
• Expert technical knowledge of suppliers products and capabilities
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to thrive in a team working environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, clients’ sites warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Structural Design Supervisor. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.