Zachry Group has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Designer to work in our Charlotte Design Center. We are seeking designers with power, oil & gas, refinery, chemical, petrochemical design experience.
- Develop a complete set of civil construction drawings utilizing 2-D and 3-D CADD skills with the ability to work in and reference 3D models.
- Must be able to accurately draw civil drawings from sketches or specifications using appropriate terms, procedures and drafting standards.
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from vendor data and project scope.
- Check drawings for accuracy including dimensions, spelling, drafting standards, and completeness.
- Review manufacturer’s drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interferences, feasible installation and operation and maintenance considerations.
- Communicate with the project engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Advise, assist, and directs drafting personnel of a lesser grade in performance of their assigned duties.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides technical support for client inquiries.
- Associate Degree in Drafting/Design/Engineering Technology or equivalent job related experience (2 years job related experience equivalent to 1 year college).
- Must have 10 years’ experience in engineering drafting and design practices, in addition to educational requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize various computerized design/drafting software applications according to project requirements.
- Knowledge of Bentley Microstation is essential with preferred additional experience using Geopak Site V8i.
- Demonstrate thorough technical knowledge and design practices of civil drawings.
- Must be able to understand and verify applicable design criteria and is familiar with the construction industry standards.
- Must have a good working technical knowledge of other discipline interfaces and the ability to perform calculations to document design decisions.
- Overtime work may be required.
- Occasional periods of field/office work entailing travel.
- May be required to work in an industrial plant environment.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Senior Civil/Structural Designer position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Zachry is dedicated to providing a SAFE and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.