HOUSTON, TX 77042 - US
Zachry Engineering Corporation is seeking a Senior Design Engineer II I&C for the Houston, TX Design Center.
• Plans and develops instrumentation and controls engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems which have an important effect on major organizational programs.
• Responsible for the design tasks of the instrumentation and controls projects. Applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering practices and principles in broad areas of assignments.
• Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods.
• Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extensions of theories, precepts, and practices of the field.
• Assigned specific projects to complete, working as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional area of the assignment.
• Independently performs the assignment with instructions as to the overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy maters.
• Maintains liaisons with individuals and units within or outside the organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to related field.
• Bachelor Degree in electrical or controls related engineering discipline from an accredited engineering program.
• Professional Engineer registration required.
• Occasional periods of field/office work entailing travel.
• May be required to work in an office, as well as an industrial plant environment.
Local candidates preferred. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.