SENIOR PROJECT CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Zachry Group has exciting new opportunities for Senior Project Construction Managers to serve as a senior, on-site company representatives, responsible for overall management of field execution. Additionally, acting as the client and home office liaison, while ensuring compliance with contractual obligations for large to mega industrial projects. The Sr. Project Construction Managers are responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering efficient/cost effective construction field execution of the project scope.
- Manage field construction, field indirect staff, and all other field project support activities
- Provide oversight in the development of execution plans, project schedules, work packages and monitor production to assure timely project completion
- Review cost reports and perform analysis to assist in reducing costs and maintaining productivity
- Establish project labor requirements and review the requirements with corporate management
- Establish and defines the project organization, the project staffing requirements, and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers
- Provide strong, effective and decisive project leadership and establishes an execution framework to provide the safe, quality, value, timeliness, and budget of the total project field execution
- Conduct regular project inspections and advise project supervision of work progress, quality of work and safety conditions requiring attention
- Coordinate work with subcontractors to ensure all subcontract work is within project scope and specifications. Administer project policies and procedures to subcontractors
- Establish and maintains effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, team alignment, and stimulate the desire to award follow-on work
- Coordinate with engineers, inspectors and client/owner representatives to isolate project problems and assist in developing solutions
- Regularly conduct safety meetings and provide assistance to supervision in addressing areas and conditions requiring attention
- Continually monitor project to assure adherence to company and regulatory procedures
- Monitor project purchasing activities to assure quality material and timely delivery at competitive costs
- Conduct regular meetings with project supervision to review project progress and to plan future construction activity
- Determine the necessity of construction equipment and assure equipment is properly maintained
- Perform others duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or associate's degree in a related discipline is preferred; equivalent experience in lieu of education will be accepted
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in an industrial environment, petrochemical, process, power or LNG
- Detailed knowledge of craft skills
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work well with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and willingness to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to perform duties outside of scope of work when necessary
- Ability to pass a post offer background check including a Motor Vehicle Report investigation and drug screen
- Requires travel to corporate or regional offices, with primary location at the project site location.
- Understanding of project controls, scheduling, progress measurement, risk assessment, change management, cost control and estimating process and planning
- Working experience or applied knowledge of: Electronic Document File Management and Web Based Document Management Software (Such as Documentum or SharePoint), Primavera or industry scheduling software
- Experience working with project proposal development group for large or mega sized project opportunities including FEL and FEED studies.
- 15+ years of experience in an industrial construction environment
- Experience providing an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position will be based from an on-site office on construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Senior Project Construction Managers position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.