Senior Level Payroll Leader
Corporate Headquarters - Enterprise Services
San Antonio, TX
Zachry Group is currently seeking a Senior Level Payroll Leader to provide strategic direction for the global payroll function, which will include ensuring proper and adequate payroll controls and processes and driving global payroll consolidation while managing and developing the payroll team. This position ensures accuracy of payroll in accordance with federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Define and manage the strategy for the payroll function, including rationalization of payroll, time keeping and other systems.
- Direct and coordinate the implementation and administration of payroll policies, procedures and regulations and the approval of all master payroll calendars and processing schedules.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and metrics for the function.
- Develop payroll integration strategies for acquisitions.
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance and Internal Audit teams to ensure financial, regulatory controls and reporting are correct, as well as helping to interpret payroll results.
- Reconcile vendor accounts.
- Direct and oversee the team’s production of all regular and special compensation payroll runs ensuring accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Total Employee Rewards, IT and Finance to coordinate the planning, implementation and administration of programs to develop, adjust, and/or enhance payroll systems and procedures due to changes in tax laws, regulations, and Company pay policies/compensation initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality of any payroll, private employee information and any proprietary information and ensure payroll information is secure.
- Oversees tax and regulatory reporting, quarter end and year-end payroll activities, including wage and hour laws, unemployment, and all other required submissions.
- Plans and coordinates the production and distribution of all employee tax statements and notifications (e.g., W-2s) as required by law.
- Ensure timely and high value customer service to employees, including developing and adhering to established SLAs and ensuring research and responses are thorough.
- Manage a budget for core team based in US headquarters
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in business, Accounting , Finance or other related filed
- 8 to 10 years as a Payroll Manager or Director
- Prior experience managing payroll for a company with multiple locations/operations
- Strong PC skills, particularly with MS Excel, Word databases and enterprise systems
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and communicate effectively
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must remain flexible and organized in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- CPP/APA designation preferred
- Experience integrating acquisitions
- Experience operating within a Shared Services environment
- Preferred software experience: PC Payroll & CMIS
Supervisory role with approximately 10 direct reports
Will communicate in person, via telephone, and email. Use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Occasionally may adhere to extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking.
Work will be in a general office environment operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility. Noise levels will be low to moderate.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.