SENIOR I&C DESIGNER
E&I Department – I&C Department
Ambitech, a Zachry Group company is experiencing rapid growth and we are looking to add an experienced Senior I&C Designer to join our talented I&C Group. This is a great opportunity to get involved with challenging projects with interesting clients and work with work with and mentor entry level designers.
- Initiate conceptual physical design requirements in coordination with the client specifications and standards, responsible supervisors and engineers
- Act as a liaison between Design Supervisor(s) and other disciplines to ensure a smooth interchange of information and all groups comply with requirements.
- Consult others and initiate design to meet client needs, as a qualified expert in I&C and capable of making technical decisions on a project
- Check design packages and verify discipline design on a project
- Utilize codes and standards to complete assignments with little supervision
- Identifies changes in the scope of work during a small project and produces design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule
- Complies with company standards to produce quality deliverables
- Maintain project specific Process and Instrumentation Diagrams showing interconnecting piping, equipment, and instrumentation used to control the process; ensure project specific requirements, code requirements and N/E standards are met.
- Develop process flow diagrams as needed
- Verify information on drawings, as well as data entered into intelligent P&IDs, is accurate and complete
- Determine proper pipe schedules, code breaks, line numbers and pipe descriptions utilizing Thermal Data Sheets, Company Standards, Layout Guidelines and Work Instructions Assist I&C Engineers with tasks such as data sheet development, supplier documentation review, document submittals, etc… This is a Senior Designer function
- Visit field assignments with physical ability to work in heavy industrial operating environment
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma with knowledge of mathematics and drafting techniques equivalent to 3 years of accredited drafting courses
- 8-10 years of relevant I&C Design experience
- Excellent understanding of instrumentation and electrical controls.
- Strong AutoCAD Skills; familiar 3D CAD; Intergraph Microstation and/or PASCE
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software, Adobe software
- Familiar with design drawings: P&IDs, Plan Drawings, Installation Details, I&C & Electrical Specific Drawings: Loops, One Lines/Three Lines, Wiring Diagrams; Schematics, etc…
- Able and experienced with walking down proposed installations in industrial facilities. (Both new and retro-fit)
- 5+ years of experience in oil refineries
- 5+ years of experience with industrial design requirements
- Strong language skills (written and oral)
- Possess strong computer skills, especially in Excel and Word
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a team working environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee may work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Senior I&C Designer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Ambitech, a Zachry Group company is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.