CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78401 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Sr. Designer (Sr. Designer Piping)
DEPARTMENT: Piping Department
LOCATION: Corpus Christi, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Senior Designer to join our talented Piping Department in Corpus Christi, Texas. This is a great opportunity to get involved in some interesting and challenging design projects.
• Prepare piping layouts and conceptual design for difficult complex problems.
• Prepare complex piping design drawings.
• Interface with other design disciplines.
• Become proficient with 2D and 3D CAD capabilities, as required.
• Check Complex Drawings
• Work independently with little or no supervision.
• Perform squad check of vendor equipment drawings and drawing from other disciplines.
• Assist the Piping Supervisor, as required.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to lower-classification piping designers.
• Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner.
• Evaluate Performance Appraisal input and administer counseling.
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
• Participate, in piping department training programs/seminars.
• Decision Making.
• Customer Focus.
• Experience with Work Share techniques either domestic or international.
• Required to assist the Piping Design Lead.
• Assist in the training and development of Piping Design Personnel.
• Schedule of Interactive planning.
• Man hour estimates.
• Assist with Change Notices.
• High School diploma is required with additional broad specialized training equivalent to 2 years of college.
• Approximately 10 years of experience and knowledge in the design requirements for respective discipline as they apply to petrochemical, pharmaceutical or power plant construction projects.
• 2016 CADWorx, Navisworks
• Knows all checking procedures.
• Overall understanding of technical disciplines and project execution.
• Research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, project and time management skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
• Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments. Coordinate a variety of tasks with good attention to detail. Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Sr. Designer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.