SENIOR BILLING ANALYST
Corporate Office - Managerial Accounting
San Antonio, TX
The Senior Billing Analyst position will be involved in all aspects of managing the daily activities of the Company's Billing cycles. The position will partner with other members of the accounting team. The candidate will ensure that our clients are billed accurately and timely and provide quality service to both our clients and internal Business Unit customers.
- Full-cycle weekly/bi-weekly/monthly billings process. From setup, reconciliation, to sending invoices to internal/external Clients
- Work closely with Project Managers to understand what cost is billable and other pertinent information necessary to accurately generate client invoices.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely weekly/monthly billing cycle of a specific set of customers
- Ensure compliance with billing policies and procedures
- Interface with internal support teams on client activities
- Identify and resolve outstanding reconciling items related to the billing process
- Miscellaneous reporting and resolution of payment issues
- Analysis of unbilled balances
- Assist in the coordination of the audit deliverables as necessary
- Detect errors in the billing process and remediate
- Implement and maintain quality billing practices and procedures
- Make recommendations as needed to improve processes
- Assist with collections on outstanding invoices
- Analyze and validate customer, product, and pricing data for completeness and accuracy
- Produce ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Mapping, building, supporting, and updating specific spreadsheets used in the Billings process as well as processes, reporting, and supporting documentation
- Work closely with IT on problem recognition, resolutions, enhancements, testing, and data verification
- Complete special projects as required by manager
- 5 years of relevant experience processing, generating, and issuing billings to external clients, including, but not limited to, using both automated system processes, spreadsheets, and other tools
- Analyze data and reports and proficiently communicate the findings to stakeholders
- Proficient and/or advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of other database management tools is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-service oriented , able to establish and maintain customer relationships, both internally and externally building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with 3 to 5 years of professional work experience in the Accounting field
- 5-10 years construction industry or engineering accounting functions experience
- General knowledge of or experience working with a large multi-million dollar organization
- Open to short term travel as necessary
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Will work in a general office environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Senior Billing Analyst position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.