MUSCATINE, IA 52761 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Scaffold Builder for Muscatine IA.
Industrial Journeyman Scaffold Builder will construct, dismantle, and replace Scaffolding.
• Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
• Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
• Must be willing to assist other crafts while not actively working on Scaffolding.
• Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must be able and willing to follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Must have all required tools.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
• Identify all tools required for tasks.
• Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
• Measure, mark, and cut required wooden/metallic materials to required specifications.
• Construct, re-enforce, and dismantle pre-constructed Scaffolds.
• Build and construct wooden Scaffolds and auxiliary items.
• Work on miscellaneous construction projects such as but not limited to building decks and steps, building bulletin boards, and building any additional wooden structures.
• Clean up work areas.
• minimum 3 years experience required.
• Must have knowledge on materials, tools, and processes involved with basic building techniques and form construction.
• Must have a VALID DRIVERS LICENSE and havereliable transportation.
• Must be able to work full work schedule and any additional overtime with little to no notification.
• Must be willing to work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Must follow all company and site rules and regulations.
• Must have required tools.
. Must be able to work in protective suits as needed and work in confined space areas as needed
. Must be able erect and dismantle scaffolds throughout the plant
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
• National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Insulator.
• Experience working with scaffolding, insulation, and painting.
• This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.