BEAUMONT, TX 77713 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Scaffold Builder for new construction work for our BPEX project in Beaumont, TX.
Industrial Journeyman Scaffold Builder will construct, dismantle, and repair wooden and metal scaffolds and auxiliary structures related to scaffold.
• Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
• Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
• Must be willing to assist other crafts while not actively working on Scaffolding.
• Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must be able and willing to follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Must have all required tools.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
• Identify all tools required for tasks.
• Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
• Measure, mark, and cut required wooden/metallic materials to required specifications.
• Construct, re-enforce, and dismantle pre-constructed Scaffolds.
• Build and construct wooden Scaffolds and auxiliary items.
• Work on miscellaneous construction projects such as but not limited to building decks and steps, building bulletin boards, and building any additional wooden structures.
• Clean up work areas.
• Must have 4+ years working as a Scaffold Builder or Scaffold Builder Helper on an industrial construction project.
• Must be able to read blue prints, plans, and drawings proficiently to perform duties.
• Must have knowledge on materials, tools, and processes involved with basic building techniques and form construction.
• Must be able to computer basic arithmetic functions.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to work full work schedule, different work schedule hours and any additional overtime with little to no notification.
• Must be willing to work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Must follow all company and site rules and regulations.
• Must have required tools.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
• National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Carpenter.
• Formal/Technical education.
• Experience working with scaffolding, insulation, and painting.
• This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
• 1 - Metal Tool Box with Lock
• 1 - Pair of Leather Gloves
• 1 - 25' or 30' Tape Measure
• 1 - 12" Shot Saw
• 1 - Tube Lock Scaffold Wrench
• 1 - 7/8" Open end/Box Wrench
• 1 - Tool Pouch
• 1 - 22oz to 26oz Steel Claw Hammer
• 1-Torpedo Level
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer