Position Summary: Provides maintenance services all types of scaffold work such as building scaffolds for other contractors along with installing and uninstalling scaffolds throughout the area with regards to maintenance in the industrial plant.
- Attaches cantilever scaffold supports to forms with nails.
- Positions boards on cantilever supports.
- Attaches boards to cantilever supports with nails, using a hammer.
- Attaches upright railing supports to boards with nails, using a hammer.
- Attaches toe-plate and railings to uprights with nails, using a hammer.
- May use a circular saw, speed square, and tape measure during the measuring and cutting of toe and railing boards to length.
- Disassembles wooden scaffolding in opposite order of above.
Metal (Tubular) Scaffolding:
- Lifts and carries metal frame to scaffold location.
- Positions scaffolding in appropriate location. Positioning may require the use of a tape measure.
- Lifts and carries cross support for frame.
- Attaches cross support to scaffold using clamps, bolts, and ratchet.
- Lifts, carries and positions boards to form decking of scaffold.
- Checks level of railings with level.
- Lifts, positions, and attaches additional cross support sections as required for height of scaffold.
- Lifts, positions, and attaches additional boards for decking levels as required for height of scaffold.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
- Expected to have scaffold experience in a maintenance environment
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Experience using industrial hand tools and power tools but not required
- Must have scaffold journeyman tools
- Minimum 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience required
- Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work as needed
Valued but not required skills , knowledge, and abilities:
- Former Zachry employee
- Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Scaffold Builder Certification
- TWIC Required
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.