PORT ARTHUR, TX 77643 - US
Position Summary: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial Scaffold Builder Journeyman.
· Construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood and metal
· Construct stairs and walkways
· Read and interpret prints, drawings and plans
· Experience with hand and power tools to :layout, measure, mark, cut and arrange material
· Perform crane/rigging hand signals when applicable
· Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Proficient mechanical skills
· Working knowledge of tube lock scaffold / pin lock (systems) scaffold
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Able to communicate items of concern found during inspections and walk downs
· Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
· Organization and time management
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
· Must have reliable transportation
· Knowledge of safety practices to operated equipment
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Former Zachry employee
· Minimum 4-5 years industrial Maintenance
· Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience.
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools.