N/A, N/A - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Safety Inspector for work in Beaumont, TX.
The Safety Facilitator is challenged to work closely in a productive manner with “Line Management”. Communicate guidelines and established procedures without losing the realization that certain variances will be called upon. Using the skills of bringing forward clear facts to allow the more experienced Safety Support Team members to help evaluate unusual situations is critical. Building strong relationships with a variety of personalities on the Operations Team is paramount in supporting success as a facilitator.
Site Safety Support Facilitator is critical for the overall compliance and consistency of applying established process and procedures by the operational team. Clear understanding of the applicable processes and procedures with a keen awareness of the necessity to communicate intent between the Operations Group and the Safety Management Team is essential. Dealing factually and accurately with optional approaches in field execution is critical.
Strong observation skills are necessary to understand the applicability of established Safety Program guidelines and mandates. A strong willingness to research and read extensive statutory guidelines, as well as Corporate Programs is key to overall support of the Safety Process. Ability to follow instructions and provide clear reports (verbally especially) are key components of continuing to grow within the Safety Department. The ability to conduct field level training is a requirement.
• Ensure all employees understand compliance requirements of all Site Safety Rules and Policies, and all OSHA, State, Federal, and Local Laws.
• Develop and recommend safety-training activities as required. Coordinate training activities as necessary.
• Implement/coordinate the documentation of all safety and medical activities.
• Ensure accurate investigations of all accidents and/or incidents. Review and approve all accident/incident reports.
• Make sure employees maintain compliance of the new employee orientation process.
• Ensure STA/JSA policy and the safety meeting requirements are followed.
• Inspect the site for hazardous and/or unsafe conditions and request that corrections are made by the supervisor in charge of the operation.
• Provide instruction and guidance regarding correct safety procedures as necessary within their assigned work areas.
• Stop work when imminent danger exists and notify the appropriate field supervisor, and the Safety and Health Manager.
• Ensure awareness of Safety process for compliance and non-compliance with OSHA and site rules.
• Use available tools to ensure safe practices are being followed.
• Provide instruction and guidance in correcting safety infractions.
• Respond to all medical emergencies when requested.
• Provide first aid treatment.
• Maintain maintenance of accurate and complete first-aid/safety records.
• Stay familiar with the site conditions and routes of egress.
• Assure that first-aid facilities are kept in a sanitary, clean, fully stocked condition and state of readiness.
• Listen to employee concerns regarding safety & health and take appropriate action.
• Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’d employee.
• Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
• Formal/Technical education
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Must have a valid drivers license