ZACHRY is currently accepting applications for Industrial Safety Facilitator for ongoing maintenance work in Old Ocean, Texas. This position will consist of but not limited to accessing, correcting and documenting potential hazards on plant sites.
- Assists in monitoring safety and health compliance related to construction and maintenance of the project
- Assists and conducts safety orientations for new employees
- Conducts project safety audits and recommends correction for unsafe acts and/or tasks
- Explains safety policies and procedures
- Assists in conducting accident investigations and root cause analysis
- Assists project or area supervisor in completing regulatory reports, insurance forms and company safety reports for submission to Safety and Heath Dept.
- Assist in case management of employee injured on job
- Walk out LOTO’s and verifying PSM check lists.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 3 + years’ experience in Industrial Field Safety
- 30 hour OSHA
- Work at heights of 100’ plus and be able to climb ladders an stairways and work from platforms
- Have reliable transportation
- Must be knowledgeable in basic paperwork skills
- Must possess better than average computer skills
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Former Zachry employee
- Training in Industrial Hygiene or related on the job experience.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold, occasional rain and will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.