FREEPORT, TX 77541 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Project Safety Facilitator for Maintenance at BASF Freeport, TX.
The Safety Facilitator is challenged to work closely in a productive manner with “Line Management”. Communicating guidelines and established procedures without losing the realization that certain variances will be called upon. Using the skills of bringing forward clear facts to allow the more experienced Safety Support Team members to help evaluate unusual situations is critical. Building strong relationships with a variety of personalities on the Operations Team is paramount in supporting success as a facilitator.
• Must have High School Diploma, Driver’s license.
• Must have 3 years’ in Petro Chem/Refinery experience.
• Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
• Must have all required tools.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Bilingual a plus but not required
Safety certifications a plus but not required
• Observe the working conditions of the job site to ensure safe work condition exist.
• Take corrective action when unsafe conditions exist. These actions include but not limited to immediate correction, isolating and restricting the areas access until corrected, stopping all work as needed until condition is corrected, and reporting conditions to appropriate supervisor along with recommended action.
• Observe behavior and actions of site workforce for unsafe acts, and taking immediate action to correct actions before an incident or accident occurs.
• Report all observations of unsafe conditions and acts verbally and written to management.
• Assist site workforce in planning work to be performed in regards to considering the safety aspects of the work.
• Assist site supervision in regards to safety briefs or safety task assignments (STA’s). This includes assisting in performing, reviewing, and guiding supervisors in providing efficient and effective briefs or STA’s
• Respond to incidents and accidents providing emergency aid support as needed and ensuring that all unsafe acts or conditions have been corrected to eliminate any further incidents or accidents.
• Assist in issuing and inspecting personal protection equipment (PPE).
• Assist in performing investigations on safety incidents or accidents.
• Must have a TWIC card, VALID Driver's License, FIRST AID/CPR,
• Must have at least 3 year experience working as a safety facilitator or equivalent position OR worked in a supervisory field position and able to illustrate the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties.
• Must have working knowledge of OSHA requirements and how to apply them to construction work. Must also be capable of learning and applying company and site safety rules to the work being performed.
• Must be able to read and properly interpret complex documents to include but not limited to company safety policies, client safety documents, and documents explaining government requirements (OSHA/MSHA).
• Must have good leadership’s skills and have the ability to work under difficult situations. This includes influencing others and dealing with conflict.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to use problem solving skills and critical thinking to resolve and identify issues, including safety risks.
• Must be able to perform basic functions on a computer to include but not limited to word processing and working with spreadsheets.
• Must be willing to follow all company directives and safety procedures.
• Must be able to work at heights.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Current Zachry, JVIC, or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Experience working as a craft worker and/or craft supervisor on an industrial construction project.
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
• Must have good visual acuity and depth perception.
• Must be able to work outside in the changing weather conditions including in the heat, cold, rain, snow, and wind.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
• Rain Coat
• Rain Boots
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.