CHANNELVIEW, TX 77049 - US
*NOTICE* this posting is not a current job opening.
You are applying to an Evergreen position which is designed to accept applications in anticipation of upcoming site needs.
By submitting your application, we will be able to review your qualifications and consider you for FUTURE openings at the PO/TBA – LyondellBasell CVO New Construction Site located in Channelview, TX.
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Rod Room Attendant for our LyondellBasell CVO PO/TBA, New Construction project located in Channelview, TX.
Industrial Rod Room attendant will work in the QA/QC Rod Room and be responsible for issuing, tracking and maintaining welding rods.
• Issue welding rods upon proper request and after verifying qualifications.
• Inventory welding rods and maintain inventory.
• Maintain welding rods, rod caddies, rod ovens, and other related equipment.
• Monitor temperature and functions of rod ovens.
• Cross reference requests with approved rods and welders for given process on request.
• File and maintain log, paper requests, and other relevant paperwork.
• Must be able to read and write legibly.
• Must be organized and have the ability to maintain a running inventory.
• Must have 1-2 yrs. experience operating related equipment, i.e. rod oven.
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work with little to know supervision.
• Must be able to work in the elements including the heat.
• Must be able to work extended work hours beyond the normal worksite hours and any additional overtime with little to no prior notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
• Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
• 2-3 years’ experience on an industrial construction project.
• Previous experience in this position.
• Knowledge of welding processes and knowledge of which fillers are used in the different welding processes.
• Welding experience.
• This position does not have any direct reports..
Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
Will talk and hear to communicate.
Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull:objects, materials, controls and tools.
May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. May be required to work in close, confined spaces for a long period of time. Noise levels will be moderate to high.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Rod Room Attendant position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.