CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78407 - US
Position Summary: Provides maintenance services for rigging work as required assisting the Crane operators with lifts. Lifts and carries the required tools needed for rigging with regards to maintenance in the industrial plant.
• Attaches loads with ropes, chains, slings, straps, etc. to crane hook.
• Ties rope (tab line) around load for use in guiding load during lifting and positioning.
• Guides load during lifting and positioning.
• Gives directions to the equipment (crane) operator, using hand signals, in order to position load correctly.
• Guides the descending load in order to position it correctly.
• May be required to climb on structure to guide placement of equipment and/or components.
• May be required to lift and remove outrigger pads from cranes or other heavy equipment, reposition them appropriately and then return them to their stored position after use.
• May be required to remove and return to heavy equipment lines, chains, slings, and other rigging used.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
• Expected to have adequate rigging experience in a maintenance environment
• Good reading comprehension
• Ability to work with others – team player
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
• Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures such as ISO’s and blueprints.
• Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
• Minimum 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience required
• Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work as needed
• TWIC Required
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Former Zachry employee
• Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Rigger Certification
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
• Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
Must have TWIC and valid drivers license