DEER PARK, TX 77536 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Rigger.
Riggers will be responsible for the lifting and movement of heavy equipment and
materials. They will inspect all applicable rigging. Plan for lifts using weight of the load,
lifting capacity of equipment, and other relative information needed to safely plan any
heavy load movement. Attach load using slings, chains, cables, hooks, shackles, and
other related equipment. They will be responsible for signaling operator during lift with
• Must have 4+ years experience as a Rigger Helper or Journeyman Rigger
• Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
• Must have or be able to successfully complete the NCCER Rigging assessment.
• Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
• Must have all required tools.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Act as safety observer on equipment lifts.
• Inspect all rigging equipment.
• Plan or assist in planning of lifts.
• Attach loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging
• Tie rope around load for use of guiding during lifting and positioning.
• Signal Equipment operator during lifts for directional or placement instructions.
• Guides load during lift and positioning.
• Climb structures to guide and position load.
• Assist in connecting or stabilizing of load prior to detaching load from equipment.
• Detach loads and remove rigging equipment.
• Place and remove outrigger pads from Cranes and other heavy equipment.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have specific knowledge of rigging equipment and their capacities.
• Must have knowledge of required tools and their proper use.
• Must be a team player and have effective communication skill in dealing with coworkers
and any other work related contacts.
• Must have basic knowledge of the construction processes involved in heavy
• Must be able to use problem solving skills and critical thinking to resolve and
identify issues, including safety risks.
• Must know proper hand signals to communicate with equipment operator.
• Must have knowledge regarding lift planning including but not limited to: the
equipment to use, load capacities of equipment and lifting equipment.
• Must hold a NCCER certification for Rigging or be able to obtain one with in 30
days of hire date.
• Must have basic transportation knowledge in regards to moving equipment and
loads from one location to another.
• Knowledge of arithmetic required to plan for a lift.
• Must be willing to follow all company directives and safety procedures.
• Must be able to work at heights.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Preferred Additional Qualification
• Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
• Experience working as an Industrial Ironworker.
Reports to Position
• The position will work
closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position
will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking,
bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials,
controls and tools with up to 70 ft-lbs of pressure.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man
lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate
fall protection requirements.
• Must have good visual acuity and depth perception.
• Must be able to work outside in the changing weather conditions including in the
heat, cold, rain, snow, and wind.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not
limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators,
safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
• Tool box w/ lock
• 12” Adjustable Wrench
• 1 1/8” Spud Wrench
• Torpedo Magnetic Level
• Tool Belt
• 24” Hand Level
• Channel Locks
• Bull Pins (2)
• Small Wedges (2)
• Pair of Leather Gloves
• 25’+ Tape Measure
• 1 ¼” Spud Wrench
• 50’ Tape Measure
• Drift Pin
• #9 Kleins
• 4 to 6lb Hammer
• Line up Bars (2)
• Large Wedges (2)
• Rain Coat
• Rain Boots
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.