N/A, TX - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Quality Control CWI Welding Inspector for for opportunities we having coming up over the next 6 months. This posting is not for one individual position but will be used to build a pool of Civil QC candidates that we can consider for future opportunities.
Assists management in establishing project requirements for selecting the proper procedures and techniques for project quality control in pipe/welding segment of the project. Assists in training and testing craft personnel on proper techniques and procedures. Perform visual inspections on welded material throughout the site and the welding techniques of welders on work in progress to ensure the quality of the work conform to the project specifications and governing codes. Welding inspectors record the results of tests and/or inspections on the correct forms, checklist, or media approved the by the projects ITP or SOP. May be assigned duties in a specific discipline or division.
• Reviews project requirements, determines minimal requirements and procedures, schedules and coordinates required examinations, inspections, or tests for the discipline or project segment assigned to.
• Performs examinations, inspections, or tests as required by project management and/or client/owner.
• Coordinates training, craft testing and/or trains personnel regarding required construction procedures and proper use of tools, instruments, etc.
• Provides technical assistance to project management in selecting optimum construction procedures and/or techniques to meet project specifications.
• Provides technical assistance to project management regarding the selection of tools, instruments, and test equipment to assist in the project quality control effort.
• Assists project management in selection and/or testing of personnel to perform specific work activities to assist in ensuring work meets project requirements.
• Schedules examinations, inspections, or tests as required by project.
• Coordinates examination, inspection, and test plans with project management and client representatives.
• Completes and maintains inspection, test, examination, and Quality Control Records.
• Assures implementation of job site Q.C. Program.
Required Qualifications - Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Must Have CWI Certification
• Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
• Good reading comprehension
• Ability to work with others – team player
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
• Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
• Former QC experience.
Reports to Position:
No Direct reports
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel- toed work boots.
Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. May be required to work in close, confined spaces for a long period of time. Noise levels will be moderate to high.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.