MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, N/A - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Quality Control Inspector - Electrical and Instrumentation for opportunities we having coming up over the next 6 months. This posting is not for one individual position but will be used to build a pool of Civil QC candidates that we can consider for future opportunities.
Assists management in establishing project requirements for selecting the proper procedures and techniques for project quality control in the E&I segment of the project. Performs pre-installation inspections as required including materials, wire size, routing, tubing size, fittings, raceway, supports, and ties storage to ensure the compliance to the project specifications, governing codes, and/or manufactures recommendations. Documents inspection activities on the correct forms, checklist, or media approved the by the projects ITP or SOP.
• Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
• Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, writes and sends to QC Supervisor non-conformances reports.
• Checks cable laying and cable identification.
• Performs punch-listing operations.
• Checks power transformers, switchboard, accumulator battery, sockets outlet, lighting system.
• Performs visual inspections, dimensional test, checks rating and material for connection.
• Witness tests of continuity, insulation resistance.
• Checks installation of instruments.
• Performs tests functional instruments.
• Checks fiber optic cable.
• Performs test communication functionalities.
• Verify special processes and the relevant workers’ qualifications.
• Witness the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
• Check conformity with the Quality Control Plan, obtain the relevant documentation, verifies procedures and equipment to be used in tests, controls and inspections, manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections.
Required Qualifications - Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Previous construction experience within the oil and gas industry
• Previous exposure to high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives
• Exposure to Hazardous Area installations
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
• Instrument calibrations including ultrasonic flow meter, level transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters etc.
• A working knowledge of BS/IEC/ISO/API/ATEX/EEMUA codes and standards relating to electrical and instrumentation work
• Working knowledge of construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation relating to electrical and instrumentation work
• Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Package. Familiar with other computer packages (e.g. MS Project, Outlook, Bluebeam, etc.)
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Ability to work with others – team player
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel- toed work boots.
Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. May be required to work in close, confined spaces for a long period of time. Noise levels will be moderate to high.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.