ST. JOHNS, AZ 86040 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Quality Control Inspector for an outage at the Coronado Generating Station in St Johns, Arizona.
Assists management in establishing project requirements for selecting the proper procedures and techniques for project quality control of the project. Assists in training and testing craft personnel on proper techniques and procedures. Perform visual inspections on material throughout the site and the on work in progress to ensure the quality of the work conforms to the project specifications and governing codes. Inspectors will record/document all results of tests and/or inspection activities on the correct forms, checklist, or media approved the by the projects ITP or SOP.
· Reviews project requirements, determines minimal requirements and procedures, schedules and coordinates required examinations, inspections, or tests for the discipline or project segment assigned to.
· Performs examinations, inspections, or tests as required by project management and/or client/owner.
· Schedules examinations, inspections, or tests as required by project.
· Coordinates examination, inspection, and test plans with project management and client representatives.
· Completes and maintains inspection, test, examination, and Quality Control Records.
· Assures implementation of job site Q.C. Program.
Required Qualifications - Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Must Have AWS CWI per QC1
· Previous construction experience within the Power industry
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
Reports to Position
This position does have direct reports.
Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
Will talk and hear to communicate.
Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools with up to 70 ft-lbs of pressure.
May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
Must have good visual acuity and depth perception.
Must be able to work outside in the changing weather conditions including in the heat, cold, rain, snow, and wind.
Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.