N/A, TX - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Project Site Safety Manager for new Construction work.This posting is designed to build a pool of candidates for all of our construction jobs (multiple locations) for our forecasted needs in the next 6 months.
• Shall have knowledge of OSHA 1926 and 1910 regulations and implement them along with Project Specific Fab Shop Policies and procedures and any other applicable standards, rules.
• Will manage root cause investigations, site audits, new hire orientations, regulatory (required, refresher, and as needed) training, Heart of Zachry Program (or equivalent), and much more.
• Assist in the development and support implementation of guidelines, policies and procedures consistent with the company’s efforts.
• Maintain a keen awareness of pending legislation and regulatory mandates, develop alternatives for the company to approach to compliance, communicate these issues through the Corporate Safety Support Team.
• Work with Management regarding regulatory complaints.
• Work with the Corporate Safety Support Staff relative to legal and regulatory agencies to resolve complaints
• Assist in making record keeping decisions regarding reporting of incidents and/or determination of record ability, and involve to the degree appropriate, the assistance and further guidance of the Corporate Safety Support Staff.
• Review and monitor current Safety and Health Policies and Procedures as to their usability and appropriateness in field applications, recommend improvements and/or modifications as may be warranted, and sustain Project Line Management input.
• Initiate and monitor procedures for routine assessments, follow up with the Management Team regarding corrective action and appropriate path forward initiatives.
• Provide input on the most effective approaches to training in specified areas that fit the specific situation of the field site location and/or divisional needs. Place emphasis on involving input and buy-in from Project Line Management.
• Assure training completions are documented and available for proper assessment and subsequent action.
• Cooperate with supporting timely and accurate field reporting deliverables to Corporate Safety Support Manager.
• Cooperate with supporting timely and accurate field reporting of Worker’s Compensation related issues.
• Review standard reports for trends and make recommendations from the data therein.
• Stay abreast of the application and proper use of the company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy. Assure Project Line Management is kept in the decision making process.
• Coordinate and assist in safety evaluation as deemed necessary.
• To interface, provide guidance and direction to the Safety Facilitator(s) and related areas.
• Review all accident investigations, and ensure that corrective action in taken as required.
• Provide leadership in the safety incentive processes.
• Review and assist in the site fire protection process.
• Review and assist in the site emergency evacuation plan.
• Support management with safety meetings.
• Maintain an active and visible role in the site safety process, and provide a focal point for receiving, reviewing, and communicating safety process revisions and enhancements.
• Support safety audit program and track deficiencies to completion.
• Take necessary action to provide required resources for the Safety Facilitator(s)
• Assist in defining safety processes, and eliminating waste.
• Listen to employee concerns regarding safety & health and take appropriate action
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Organization and time management
• Must have good problem-solving abilities
• Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
• Good reading comprehension
• Ability to work with others – team player including good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
• Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer knowledge (MS Word and Excel) is essential
• Must possess sound collaborative skills, confidence, and ability to effectively interface with employees and management
• Must be able to positively affect attitudes and influence behaviors
• Must be well organized, a self-starter and have a strong commitment to a Safety Lifestyle
• Familiarity with laws and regulations regarding health & safety
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Former Zachry employee
• College Degree
• Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Certification
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move heavy objects. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots. Must be able to wear a respirator as needed.
• Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. Possibly people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.