PROJECT SAFETY FACILITATOR
ZACHRY IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A SAFETY FACILITATOR AT the Valero Site In Ardmore OK.
Responsible for maintaining overall administrative training program for the project safety department. Responsible for tracking, updating, entering training date into the system of record, reporting the status of safety training.
- Must have good working knowledge of OSHA guidelines; will need to become familiar with jobsite guidelines and be able to teach this to other employees as needed.
- Training experience/ Construction experience/ Safety experience
- Demonstrated Industrial maintenance history experience
- Organization and time management
- Must have good problem-solving abilities
- Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good Reading Comprehension
- Ability to work with other – team player including good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Must be able to meet all physical demands and pre-employment conditions
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Must understand how to read and interpret Technical Manuals in order to determine work procedures
- Ability to build effective relationships, field knowledge, great communicator
- Must be willing to work off shifts and over-time when necessary. Employee may be called out in the middle of the night.
- Must have the ability to communicate with different levels of the organization including our client. Ability to excel in Crucial conversations
- Must be computer literate in these areas (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Outlook experience also preferred
- Access to the jobsite requires meeting site clearance requirements
- Identifying and scheduling all training opportunities
- Identifying personnel that will participate; equipment needed; locations that will be used to conduct training (internal or external).
- Clear MVR Check
Value but not required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in field safety management
- Degree- emphasis in safety preferred
- Former Zachry Employee
- Formal Education
- Basic Computer proficiency
Reporting to this position: None
· Physical demands:
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing , walking, bending, squatting and lifting
- Will talk and hear to communicate
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs, carry and move objects safety.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off platforms.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: Hard hat, FR Coveralls, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/ muffs, mask/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel toe boots
- Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm. Hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain
- Will work at different elevations.
- Noise levels will be moderate to high.
- Jobsite will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles –small to large equipment, materials, communicate equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms