ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Safety Facilitator for new Construction work at our Duke Lee Station in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
The Safety Support Facilitator is challenged to work closely in a productive manner with “Line Management”. Communicating guidelines and established procedures without losing the realization that certain variances will be called upon. Using the skills of bringing forward clear facts to allow the more experienced Safety Support Team members to help evaluate unusual situations is critical. Building strong relationships with a variety of personalities on the Operations Team is paramount in supporting success as a facilitator.
- Must have High School Diploma
- Must have 5+ years of construction safety experience
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have valid OSHA 500 certificate and be an experienced instructor for OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses.
- Observe the working conditions of the jobsite to ensure safe work condition exist.
- Take corrective action when unsafe conditions exist. These actions include but not limited to immediate correction, isolating and restricting the areas access until corrected, stopping all work as needed until condition is corrected, and reporting conditions to appropriate supervisor along with recommended action.
- Observe behavior and actions of site workforce for unsafe acts, and taking immediate action to correct actions before an incident or accident occurs.
- Report all observations of unsafe conditions and acts verbally and written to management.
- Assist site workforce in planning work to be performed in regards to considering the safety aspects of the work.
- Assist site supervision in regards to safety briefs, pre-task planning and development of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's). This includes assisting in performing, reviewing, and guiding supervisors in providing efficient and effective briefs or JHA’s
- Respond to incidents and accidents providing emergency aid support as needed and ensuring that all unsafe acts or conditions have been corrected to eliminate any further incidents or accidents.
- Assist in issuing and inspecting personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Assist in performing investigations on safety incidents or accidents.