Position Summary: ZACHRY is currently seeking a SAFETY FACILITATOR for the outage at Gibson Station in Owensville, IN.
- Supervise and delegates job assignments
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must have good working knowledge of OSHA guidelines; will need to become familiar with jobsite guidelines and be able to teach this to other employees as needed.
- Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
- Organization and time management
- Must have good problem-solving abilities
- Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player including good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Must be able to meet all physical demands and pre-employment conditions
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
- Access to the job site requires meeting the pre-set criteria of a background check.
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Former Zachry employee
- Formal education
- Basic Computer proficiency
- Safety certification
Reporting to this position:
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.