CHAMPAIGN, IL 61821 - N/A
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Project Management
LOCATION: Various Locations
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Project Manager with on-site experience to join our talented Project Management Department.
This posting is NOT for an actual position, but is designed to build a pool of candidates who are interested in future opportunities.
• You will manage diversified portfolio of projects for a long term Client at the Client location. These projects include brownfield, greenfield, retrofit, or debottlenecking / expansion in oil and gas, petrochemical, chemicals and biofuels production. All these projects involve management of developmental and detailed engineering, process engineering, vendor management and production/operations interface and coordination from early phases of a project through commissioning.
• Support the Senior Project Manager with the execution of all aspects of the project including managing the staff, providing vision and strategic leadership, monitoring project schedules and budgets, evaluating project productivity and quality, directing the complete technical operations of the project, developing project costs, developing bid packages, and interfacing with vendors and contractors.
• Develop and implement administrative, technical and corporate procedures and policies to ensure the successful operation of the project on a profitable basis.
• Implement assignments and activities delegated from the Senior Project Manager.
• Direct and manage the activities of Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Assistants and support personnel in the planning, scheduling, design quality, purchasing and execution of projects.
• Coordinate project development activities with Client stakeholders and end users.
• Assume full responsibility for the successful execution of each assigned project from conceptual development through start-up.
• Build relationships and coordinate with the client and project personnel.
• Fully manage project budgets interfacing with Clients SAP system. Generate requisitions for purchase of components and construction craft labor.
• Ensure the client's input and job requirements are adequately addressed and implemented consistently with the contractual requirements.
• Organize and execute the implementation of Clients project management systems, the Clients project development system and Clients corporate quality systems.
• Generate and manage project schedules including initial construction schedules. Use a schedule format to track and expedite the delivery of purchased materials and equipment.
• Follow the Clients FEL process to develop large projects and obtain funding approvals.
• Maintain a documentation file, accurately describing all commercial, technical and financial correspondence. Manage documentation within the Clients Project Directory.
• Prepare and evaluate monthly progress reports; describing the schedule, manpower expenditures and work scope for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
• Ensure invoices are processed timely and accurately. Evaluate and approve contractor invoices and expenditure requests. Act as a Client representative coordinating with the accounting department on outstanding invoices over 90 days old.
• Identify and document that ECNs are being identified and processed in a timely fashion where additional work is available or requested.
• Plan and identify upcoming tasks, potential problem areas, technical information, staffing priorities and identify solutions where necessary.
• Responsible to maintain proper staff levels to meet project requirements. Actively recruit and train personnel for project as necessary.
• Able to support plant production needs as directed including annual shutdown support.
• Develop, coach and track employee skill level in technical and work management areas.
• Bachelor degree in engineering.
• 10 to 20 years of experience in the Process Plant, Petroleum Refining, and / or Petrochemical Sector.
• A minimum of 2 years experience working as a Plant Engineer on site at a chemical manufacturing facility.
• A minimum of 2 years functioning as or supporting a Construction Manager completing on-site projects.
• PE is a preferred.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to provide effective intra and inter-discipline coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with clients and vendors.
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
• Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position includes a minimum 2 year commitment to an active chemical production facility requiring mobility (on ground and at heights including climbing ladders) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on a chemical manufacturing site. On site, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms. There will be ventig steam and controlled discharges from active chemical processes.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Project Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Disclaimer – used to point out that the job description does not include every job duty or responsibility that the employee may be asked to perform at some point in time.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.