HOUSTON, TX 77058 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Project Manager (Project Manager I Engineering)
DEPARTMENT: Field Project Management (Project Manager I Engineering)
LOCATION: League City, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Project Manager to join our talented Project Management Department and will be located at our client’s site in League City, Texas, This is a great opportunity to get involved in interesting and challenging design projects for a long lasting client...
• Support the Program Manager with the execution of all aspects of the project including managing the staff and engineering contractors, providing vision and strategic leadership, monitoring project schedules and budgets, evaluating project productivity and quality and directing the complete technical operations of the project.
• Direct and manage the planning, scheduling, design, quality, and execution of all project activities.
• Assume full responsibility for the successful execution of each assigned project.
• Build relationships and coordinate with the client and project personnel.
• Ensure the client's input and job requirements are adequately addressed and implemented consistently according to contractual requirements.
• Organize and supervise the implementation of project management systems and corporate quality systems.
• Maintain a documentation file, accurately describing all commercial, technical and financial correspondence.
• Prepare and evaluate monthly progress reports; describing the schedule, manpower expenditures and work scope for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
• Ensure invoices are processed timely and accurately.
• Identify and document that engineering change orders are being processed in a timely fashion where additional work is identified beyond original scope.
• Develop new business opportunities as a by-product of relationship with clients. Participate in business development meetings.
• Plan and identify upcoming tasks, potential problem areas, technical information, staffing priorities and identify solutions where necessary.
• Bachelor degree in electrical engineering.
• 10+ years of experience in the Process Plant, Petroleum Refining, and / or Petrochemical Sector.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to provide effective coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with engineering contractors and vendors.
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks across multiple project and sites.
• Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
• Experience as project manager on medium and high voltage electrical infrastructure projects.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position will include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse, and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Field Project Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Disclaimer – used to point out that the job description does not include every job duty or responsibility that the Field Project Manager may be asked to perform at some point in time.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.