Kankakee, IL 60901 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Field Project Management
LOCATION: Kankakee, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Project Manager to work at one of our clients in Kankakee, Illinois. This as client we have had a long relationship with and truly value as a customer. This will be great opportunity to work on challenging projects and a great client.
• You will manage diversified portfolio of projects for our long term client’s. These projects include chemical plant process works. All these projects involve management of multiple engineering disciplines and vendor management from early phases of project through commissioning.
• Support the Senior Project Manager with the execution of all aspects of the project including managing the staff, providing vision and strategic leadership, monitoring project schedules and budgets, evaluating project productivity and quality and directing the complete technical operations of the project.
• Develop and implement administrative, technical and corporate procedures and policies to ensure the successful operation of the project on a profitable basis.
• Develop FEL packages and scope documents.
• Implement assignments and activities delegated from the Senior Project Manager.
• Direct and manage the activities of Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Assistants and support personnel in the planning, scheduling, design quality and execution of projects.
• Assume full responsibility for the successful execution of each assigned project.
• Build relationships and coordinate with the client and project personnel.
• Ensure the client's input and job requirements are adequately addressed and implemented consistently with the contractual requirements.
• Organize and supervise the implementation of project management systems and corporate quality systems.
• Maintain a documentation file, accurately describing all commercial, technical and financial correspondence.
• Prepare and evaluate monthly progress reports; describing the schedule, manpower expenditures and work scope for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
• Ensure invoices are processed timely and accurately. Act as a liaison between the client and the accounting department on outstanding invoices over 90 days old.
• Identify and document that ECNs are being processed in a timely fashion where additional work is available.
• Develop new business opportunities as a by-product of relationship with clients. Participate in business development meetings.
• Plan and identify upcoming tasks, potential problem areas, technical information, staffing priorities and identify solutions where necessary.
• Responsible to maintain proper staff levels to meet project requirements. Actively recruit and train personnel for project as necessary.
• Develop, coach and track employee skill level in technical and work management areas.
• Bachelor degree in engineering.
• 10 to 17+ years of experience in the Process Plant, Petroleum Refining, and / or Petrochemical Sector.
• PE is a preferred.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to provide effective intra and inter-discipline coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with clients and vendors.
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
• Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Project Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Disclaimer – used to point out that the job description does not include every job duty or responsibility that the employee may be asked to perform at some point in time.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.