Zachry Group is seeking a Project Controls Construction Coordinator for our new construction opportunities for the next 6 months to assist key senior members of the site based project construction management team coordinating technical information and managing project controls functions through daily interface between client representatives, design engineers, vendors and suppliers corporate support departments, and field project management. Coordination and communication of construction processes with execution planning, technical support and timely, accurate data reporting are key functions of this position.
- Provide managerial leadership for all aspects of the following site based positions: Construction Coordinator, Subcontract Administrative Manager, Planning Manager, Project Control Manager, Material Control Manager, and Engineering Representatives
- Senior jobsite interface with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) representatives and supply chain management representatives for commodity materials and permanent equipment
- Perform in a strategic manner influencing and supporting overall project management vision with an in-depth understanding of required project interaction while providing support to the Project Executive, Engineering Manager, Procurement Manager, Construction Manager, and Startup Manager
- Ensure transparency on behalf of the project team and the enterprise related to project issues or any known items that may impact the accurate and timely projection of the project cost to complete through timely and purposeful communication
- Maintain detailed knowledge of contractual requirements and ensure project team understands and adheres to necessary obligations, including any OEM, vendor or subcontractor requirements. Identify and manage any contractual changes taking initiative to initiate project correspondence and proper documentation
- Understand risk and opportunity analysis for the project by interpreting, managing, and communicating the Project Execution Plan and lead further detailed development of the plan as required by project conditions. Contribute to the project risk and opportunity identification and measurement process. Manage development of special risk analysis studies for the project
- With primary responsibility for jobsite technical information management, manage expectations and flow of project engineering design information to support planned construction sequence. Analyze project activities to identify potential operational, design or specification deficiencies and assist in corrective action where needed, interfacing with the Project Executive, field supervision, design engineers, OEM representatives, and client/owner to isolate issues and develop solutions
- Manage cost, earned value, schedule, and detail planning processes for the project and report on a regular basis as required and in accordance with corporate practices to ensure site team and craft supervision are informed of project status. Take action as the primary advocate of the benefits of formal project control processes
- Manage all aspects of the jobsite change management processes including engineering rework, vendor related charges, and subcontractor support
- Manage project progress and cost projection reporting in accordance with corporate accounting processes ensuring proper interaction with Joint Venture accounting and field accounting
- Ensure proper detail exists for all activities in the project budget and work with estimating department and project team to determine appropriate work breakdown structure to support the project. Establish quantity tracking system for installed quantities and provide detailed tracking and reporting of engineering designed quantities in comparison to estimated quantities
- Monitor jobsite procured material functions ensuring materials are purchased in accordance with project technical specifications and corporate procurement processes are followed. Monitor and manage interaction with vendors and OEM’s to ensure timely delivery of equipment and material
- Manage all aspects of jobsite document control including the project filing system, distribution processes, and auditing to ensure the project team is operating from the most recent documents
- Interface with the General Field Superintendent and engineering design team to assist in interpreting site horizontal and vertical control points
- Interface with project team and designated support departments to help influence optimal decisions for onsite construction methods including deep excavations, extensive dewatering, temporary erosion control options, concrete mix design selection, material testing alternatives, specialty designs, formwork selection, cost effective equipment selection, and heavy lift design
- Manage subcontract administration in accordance with corporate and governmental regulatory requirements
- If requested, provide assistance in the development of site specific quality management and welding plans and ensure site installation is in accordance with project quality systems, code, welding qualifications, and contract specifications
- Provide leadership to direct reports in training and development of the required work flow on the project to ensure responsibilities are integrated in project execution
- Manage implementation of corporate Responsible Business Practices and relevant Standard Operating Procedures at the jobsite
- Others duties as assigned in support of the project or corporate initiatives
- 5-8 years of relevant construction experience.
- Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of project cost, earned value, CPM scheduling and detail planning, contract management concepts
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Complete tasks with little to no supervision
- Strong decision-making ability
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering or related Technical Program from four-year College or University
- License Requirements: Professional Engineer Preferred
- Primavera P6, @Risk, CMIS, Earned Value Systems, Oracle Contract Manager, CAD/ConstructSim, Oracle Procurement, Hard Dollar
- PMI Certification
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position will include visits to maintenance sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on sites. On work sites noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms.
Zachry Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment.