Zachry Industrial, Inc. is accepting applications for Production Techs for work at Monsanto in Muscatine, IA.
Position Summary: Perform manufacturing duties, machine operating, and production work as needed . Employee will perform job duties and responsibilities safely, efficiently and accurately.
- Forklift operating experience a plus or have the ability to be trained to operate a forklift
- Follows direction from supervisor
- Working swing shift hours. Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
- Knowledge and experience with hand tools and power tools
- Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
- Must have a VALID DRIVERS LICENSE and have reliable transportation
- Access to the job site requires meeting pre-set criteria of a criminal background check
- Reliable transportation
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.