CAMERON, LA 70631 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Journeyman Plumber at the Cheniere Plant, Cameron, LA.
· Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials
· Identify required tools and special equipment
· Select the type and size of pipe required
· Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures
· Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
· Assemble and install valves and fittings
· Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls
· Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems
· Install, repair and maintain sinks, tubs and toilets
· Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners
· Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
· Test pipe systems and fixtures for leak
· Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes
· Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
· Water distribution and waste water disposal in industrial buildings.
· Relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance.
· Ability to work well with other trades
· Effective written communications skills.
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Former Zachry employee
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move heavy objects. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in an office environment inside and out and are subject to work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Noise levels will be low to moderate. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools.
Plumber must have a Journeyman Certification in Plumbing from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution. Louisiana AND Texas licensed plumber.