Zachry is currently looking for a Planner for small capital projects.
- Must have experience with pipe/mechanical, civil and structural scopes.
- Provide capital front end loading, constructability, scope interpretation from Engineering Drawings, visual models, and scope documents in order to provide planning and estimating services.
- Review drawings, job walks in the field, material take off, execution of job planning, building estimates using excel estimate template.
- Attend and participate in weekly capital meetings covering the schedule of a given project to Project leaders, Coordinators, and Job Reps.
- Build job plans to support P6 scheduling for capital projects.
- Conduct field walks with Eng, project leads and field supervision to gain clear understanding of scope and execution strategies, support craft needs and identify safety requirements to ensure safety is planned into every step
- Provide Front End Loading support to Engineering partners, Project Leads, Construction Coordinators participating in IFA reviews, Model Reviews and team meetings.
- Provide IFA and IFC estimates for capital projects and Field Change Notices
- Produce, track, and manage RFI’s
- Communicate and provide Bill of Material take off’s to procurement representative to support collection of pricing and material availability, and to answer questions or provide specifications needed.
- Generate Bill of Materials on IFC packages to initiate the procurement work process on new projects
- Save and store any job related information such as drawings, estimates, emails, etc on shared drive in organized manner for easy reference by project
- Coordinate with Field Supervision to ensure knowledge of execution strategies and help build the Execution Plan for each project
- Review and conduct electronic submittal of the PDF estimates customer sheets to the project team requesting the work.
- Read and understand schedules to ensure all deliverables are ready for field start dates and mechanical completions.
- Follow all OSHA, INEOS, and Zachry safety policies and procedures. Meet all PPE requirements for the site and each area of the plant.
Must have 3 years of experience.
Minimum Education required, prefer pipe/mechanical background and field experience with executing work on the petro/chemical industry.
Knowledge and application of the following standards, guidelines and codes:
. P6 Schedules
. SAP Customer use and how it impacts projects
. Microsoft, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook Programs
This position may require Call Out, Off-hour and overtime support as needed.