MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO 63146 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Piping Designer (Designer III Piping)
DEPARTMENT: Piping Department
LOCATION: St.Louis, Missouri
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for an ambitous Piping Designer to join our talented Piping Department in St.Louis, Missouri. This is an entry to mid-level Piping Designer position and will be supervised by senior designers to promote personal growth and knowledge while serving our customers. Project sectors served include petrochemical, refining, pharmaceutical, and food.
• Complete Piping Design and Layouts in accordance with Industry Practices using 2D & 3D Software.
• Prepare construction documents which includes General Arrangements, Piping Isometrics, & Piping Plans.
• Initiate conceptual physical design requirements in coordination with appropriate responsible supervisors and engineers.
• Prepare material takeoffs of partial or complete projects.
• Check and verify the discipline design on projects.
• Prepare design sketches for use by drafting personnel.
• Check vendor shop drawings and construction drawings.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• 3 - 20 years of experience and knowledge in the design requirements for respective discipline as they apply to petrochemical, refining, pharmaceutical, or power plant construction projects.
• Strong Piping Design skills in accordance with Industry standards and codes.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D or CADWorx, MS Office, Navisworks.
• Minimum CADD Cerficate
• Commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
• Strong communication skills required to provide effective inter-discipline, client, vendor, and construction coordination on projects.
• Availability for field assignments involving travel to sites involving work in industrial facilities.
• Highly motivated with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment.
• Self-starter with initiative and ability to complete deliverables and tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prepare design calculations, technical documents, and drawings.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
• Comply and understand Ambitech’s culture and philosophies including all business objectives and goals.
• Position requires a “Whatever It Takes” attitude and commitment.
• Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work primarily in an office. On occasion, visit to operating plants and construction sites will be required with noise levels moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Piping Designer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.